NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Need help with astronomik cls filter clip

Hi,

yes you can use in an unmodded camera, but it will give you a greeny colour cast on your images which has to be processed out, the filters are designed and built  to be used with modded cameras as they give almost perfect colour balance on a modded camera, as the image on a modded camera is very red, and the CLS filter counteracts that and gives a normal looking image.

and yes they are superb filters and cut light pollution extremely well.

hope that helps

Bill

How do I process it out? I would like to buy from you but right now I'm low on funds and gathering knowledge on them. That means if I use a h alpha filter, the moded camera will allow the red color? 

Varad 

No, by putting an Ha filter on your unmodded camera you will barely get any light at all onto the sensor,  as with a colour camera only 1 in 4 pixels pick up red.

if you have a modded camera then that means it is 60% more sensitive to Ha light, so you get much better images, and can use shorter exposures, but adding a Ha filter you would need longer subs.

you really need a mono camera for Ha imaging, it will work to some extent on your camera, but you would need really really long exposures to show anything, probably around 20 min subs.

processing it out I did not find easy, as I am not great at the processing side of things, it is a case of balancing the colours, so upping the red channel slightly is a quick fix, but it is a bit more complicated than that.

if you are interested in a boxed Astronomik CLS clip in canon filter please send me a PM.

hope that helps

Bill

Archived