Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

more infocus with Skywatcher 250

hi,

this might be helpful if you are trying to achieve more infocus on a Skywatcher or similar (mine has a 2" focuser) with a CCD camera. I found that not only is it possible to screw the 1.25" tube into the other side of the T-thread adapter (following KK's suggestion), but it's also possible with a small modification, to fit the T-thread adapter to the other side of the focuser ring. This allows the camera to mount as far in as possible, for the greatest inward focus, so it's actually butting up against the focuser tube. Anything further would probably need major modification. The only mod to do this was to grind the outer rim of the T-thread adapter down a bit so it fits in the focuser tube (see the bare metal edge in the attached photos).

My next test is to see how many spacer rings I can place between the focal reducer and the CCD (to get a wider FOV) before distortion occurs or it's not possible to focus.

Camera in place with inverted focuser tube;

6986_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

sorry...still struggling to upload more images, it just times out.

Archived