Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Atlas of the Universe - £3.99 from the Works

gurney

Hi there,

just thought I'd share this little gem I found at bargain bookseller The Works a couple of days back:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Illustrated-Atlas-Universe-Mark-Garlick/dp/1740893778/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1215168883&sr=8-1

They had a few copies for £3.99, although the ticket price was £12.99, when I got to the till the guy told me the good news.

It's a fantastic book. Looking through it it's very comprehensive, beautifully illustrated and very useful text throughout. At £3.99 you can't go wrong really.

Anyway, just thought it might be useful for any of you living near a Works store to pop in and see what they've got. Apart from anything else it would make a lovely present for a kid (or yourself!), or even your local school!

Cheers!

Evan :)

looks like a bargain to me i found another bargain on ebay yesterday bought a copy of phillips deep space atlas for £4.99 + £1.75 pp just recieved shipping conformation email so its on its way there seems to be some real bargain books around at the moment well worth a hunt around for regards pete

Thanks for the tip Gurney

My daughter works at the "Works" and she manged to get hold of a briiliant book on Astronomy at a silly price. I passed the book onto my 10 year old son who won a "best new Cub" award at his local Scout group. Poor lad could hardly pick the book up it was so heavy. The glossy pictures inside are mind blowing. All the other kids got Nintendo games as prizes which is such a waste.

I'm going to ring my daughter to reserve a copy if she can.

Cheers

Paul

Archived