Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Anyone had experience with a Explore Scientific HR Coma Corrector

I can't seem to find too many reviews on the net regards the Explore Scientific HR Coma Corrector so wondered if any members have had experience with them ??? I know I missed one a while ago in the for sale section so I'm guessing there must be at least 2 members who have tried one.

A couple notes:

--they require about 1-1/4" additional in-travel at the focuser (32mm) from the normal position of the eyepieces so you won't find many reviews because most scopes don't have enough additional

in travel to use one.  I was going to test one, but ran into this problem.  With a truss dob, you can simply shorten the tubes, but on a tubed dob, you may not be able to use the unit.

--the helical top has a fairly fine thread, so if your eyepieces focus 1/2" or more apart, it is useful to first parfocalize your eyepieces to the in-travel most eyepiece you own so that 

large motions of the helical top from eyepiece to eyepiece are not necessary.

--it magnifies the focal length of your scope by 1.06x, so take that into account when figuring magnification.

Archived