Coating issue with Tele Vue TRF-2008 0.8x Reducer?

Tam

Morning All,

I joined the forum some months ago and mostly read your posts to learn more about astronomy. I have a TeleVue 85 and just bought an used reducer TRF-2008 for imaging last week. Unfortunately, I just took a l closer look to the reducer and discovered some coating issues there. I'm contacting the seller to return and get the refund as it was stated as like new and in excellent condition.

I believe it will impact to the quality of the images. However, could you please enlighten me more?

Cheers,

image1.JPG

image3.JPG

It looks like something has got between a pair of lens elements - maybe cleaning fluid over-applied ?

I don't know the optical layout of the TV reducers or the extent to which this issue will affect your images but if it was not disclosed prior to the sale I would definitely get back to the seller.

Thanks Alan. I sorted it out with the saller and he is really a nice person.

Just want to check if anyone has the same issue and how it may impact to the viewing or imaging.

Cheers,

Archived