A very quick Crescent

jimao22

Hi,

The weather here is like the regular weather into UK, and this is for a while, so no time for good exposures as used to be. I tried to test my new Astrodon OIII filter just arrived after a long waiting on some nebulas and I intended to be on Crescent, last night. The forecast was ok for all the night, but the clear sky it took less than 2 hour. So no exposures in OIII, only 4 exposures in Ha (BAADER) x 600 sec.  

I hope to add more data in the coming nights and to make some exposures with my new Astrodon filter as well.

NGC6888 PI_ST_PS.jpg

Few nights ago, I had a decent weather here and I tested my new ASTRODON OIII filter along with some extra exposures in Ha (where the signal is strong on this nebula). Is not much, but is good enough for a first try. I had 15x600 sec in Ha (Baader 7 nm) and 5x600 sec OIII (Astrodon 5 nm). Astrodon OIII filter was my first priority in upgrade program, because the OIII from Baader is not good at all (at least mine) - the powerful stars are bloating and the Moon affect very much the exposures. 

The usual workflow - acquisition, calibration with dark, flats and biases then stack - in MaximDL, the rest in PixInsight. I used my very first time Deconvolution as it is described here - 

and I finished all by reducing the noise with the combination of MMT and ACDNR, after spending a very long time experiencing some other features.

NGC6888_nb_DBE_MMT_ACDNR.jpg

More about this in my blog (see the signature) - even is in Romanian, I think Google can translate this properly.

• 2 weeks later...

And a last version of this picture - made with 4 hours and 40' exposures in Ha (Baader 7 nm) and 1 hour and 50' in OIII (Astrodon 5 nm), processed in Maxim and Pixinsight. I had a very bad weather here so I stop here with this object.

NGC6888_PI.jpg

Archived