Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Celesron AVX Mount “No Response 16/17”

rob976

Hi hope you can help just went out for first good night observing for a long time set up as normal,  when I start to enter star or Solar system alignment  this occurs   =  No response 17  then pressing Back No response 16 comes up and pressing back again reverts to start up

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Rob

http://www.celestron.com/support/knowledgebase/articles/what-does-the-hand-control-message-no-response-16-%28andor-no-response-17%29-mean

I'd start by shutting everything down, unplugging the controller and power cable from the mount, counting to ten, contemplating my existence, plugging things back in again firmly, powering on and seeing how things go. Hopefully it's just a badly seated plug or a skitterish power supply.

Thanks for your help, spent hours last night scoring the net, as you say power is seems to be the main course,  However,  check the Amps and Volts and connections to the mount all OK. 

Was able to check firmware versions installed Hand control showing (HC 5022.3141) however Motor control is only showing MC? .??.??    

I’m keeping my fingers and toes crossed hoping is a software issue, I waiting for a cable to arrive to hopefully update the firmware.  

If it’s not software, its going to be a issue with the control boards, then the nightmare begins  

Once again thanks for your help  Rob

Archived