NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

EQ2 Altitude Lock Knob Problem

bendiddley

I've just bought a second hand EQ2 mount and I'm having trouble with locking the altitude with the altitude lock knob. I've tightened it up as far as it will go, but the mount head can still move freely in altitude. I've tried removing the bolt on the opposite side but that doesn't make any difference and I've tried removing the lock knob by unscrewing it but I can only unscrew it a few turns before it get's stuck, it simply won't budge after that. Does anyone have any thoughts on what the problem is and how to fix it?

I assume you mean the one facing us in this image, that's just the lock. You use the one at the rear (left in this image) to 'set' the position, the head sits on that, then you lock the position using the one on the side.

Screen Shot 2016-05-11 at 21.38.47.png

Fixed it! I used a bit of WD40 and some pliers to undo the altitude lock knob, then when I put it back in and tightened it up again, it worked! Think it may not have been screwed in properly originally.

Archived