NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Can someone post a single sub of what went into a good plenary image stack

RSM

Hi. There are loads of great images of Jupiter on this section of the forum. I wonder if anyone who has taken some good images of Jupiter could post an example of an individual frame from an imaging run please. Have been taking DSO for a while now and would like to look at planetary. I understand the differences in shooting needs between the two but it would be good to see what you consider to be a good individual frame. My visual sessions of Jupiter so far have been very wobbly to say the least. 

Thanks

Richard. 

20 hours ago, RSM said:

Hi. There are loads of great images of Jupiter on this section of the forum. I wonder if anyone who has taken some good images of Jupiter could post an example of an individual frame from an imaging run please. Have been taking DSO for a while now and would like to look at planetary. I understand the differences in shooting needs between the two but it would be good to see what you consider to be a good individual frame. My visual sessions of Jupiter so far have been very wobbly to say the least. 

Thanks

Richard. 

Hi Richard, its certainly not even close to the best frame I have taken. But its one I had to hand, taken this year of Jupiter with a 245mm Orion scope DMK 618

You can see some clarity and sharpness in it.

Hope it helps

sw film0000.png

7 hours ago, neil phillips said:

Hi Richard, its certainly not even close to the best frame I have taken. But its one I had to hand, taken this year of Jupiter with a 245mm Orion scope DMK 618

You can see some clarity and sharpness in it.

Hope it helps

sw film0000.png

Thanks Neil, look close to what I could see so I'm on the right lines. Thanks again.

On 11 May 2016 at 03:47, neil phillips said:

No worries hope it helps. Out of interest here was a stack of similar frames taken that night. The sum of the whole is a lot more than the single.

Jupiter RGB Feb 15th

Great image. Thanks again. It's good to see the before and after. Should give me some idea of the standard of raw image I need to try and achieve during my early imaging runs to get something decent out the other side of processing. Thanks again Neil. 

Archived