NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

DBE in PixInsight

I've now started to run DBE on every single sub before integration & the difference is noticeable. I ran DBE on the M101 subs last night- all 230 of them- before stacking and the difference is clearly seen in the final combined image. I wrote a script to do this which works on a folder full of frames automatically running the selected DBE parameters (most worked out fine with just the one set of inputs) then copying the completed DBE corrected frame into a new folder- to do this by hand on 230 subs would have made anybody cry!

Give it a try if not doing it- you might be pleasantly surprised at the improved result as the colour channels become much more accurately aligned in the final stack and whilst a stretch still shows gradients you don't see them in Photoshop once you've stretched the linear image.

I'm new to PixInsight having just taken out the free trial. Could you share the script? I'd like to give this a go, but the though of applying DBE to each frame by hand fills me with fear!

28 minutes ago, Filroden said:

I'm new to PixInsight having just taken out the free trial. Could you share the script? I'd like to give this a go, but the though of applying DBE to each frame by hand fills me with fear!

I'm rewriting the script as it is far too specific to my computer & environment. I will share it with you when its in a kinder form.

Archived