NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

nikon D80

Hey all, im going to experiment with some astrophotography, anyone had any experience using a nikon D80, ive had the camera for years and have wanted to get into this type of imaging, the wife has just upgraded the scope to a celestron nexstar se8.

this scope is amazing, what a difference having it computerised, i shall see if i can switch off the noise reduction, ill be having a play about to experiment, i aint done any astrophotography before so im well stoked up for giving it a go.

Then you will find this thread inspiring. Generally you would use an equatorial mount for imaging as they move with the Earth where as an AltAz moves in tiny left right up down movements which whilst keep the object in the eyepiece they don't account for rotation unlike the EQ which does. So for long exposures an AltAz will create blurry and star trails but can acheive great images if you work within what you can do.

Link here

Archived