NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Exposure

So I now have an SkyWatcher 80ED on an EQ5 mount together with a Canon 600d. I am trying to video Jupiter. As you will appreciate the image on the camera screen is small and bright with the majority of the frame being black. As a result Jupiter is well overexposed when I come to view the results. Although I have plenty of experience controlling exposure in photography I am a complete novice as far as video is concerned at it is far from clear to me how to reduce exposure in video mode. Taking a 'normal' photograph I would probably just spot meter the planet but this does not seem to work for video! Having been through the manual carefully I am still no wiser. I am probably overlooking the obvious but any help would be appreciated. Thanks - John

I have the canon 1200d, to change iso in video mode I have to switch to video mode turn on live view and press the Q button, iso adjustment is in that menu. some canons need a firmware update .

looks like yours is slightly different

Nigel.

Archived