NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

SPC900nc Telrad Replacment

Mav359

first crude attempt...

Because of the way i work out of my van away from the scope i wanted a CCD telrad replacement so that during setup i could see my finderscope/finder guider/Imaging CCD  all on screen at the same time and do my 2 star align without traveling back and forth and potentially missing something, its not strictly needed but hey...

I took an old SPC900 stripped it, mounted a 25mm CS lens on it and boxed it. I was concearned it would need a L\X Mod but a quick play last night an i now know that i dont. I'm going to put a tripod adaptor in the bottom annd mount a cheap ball head on the OTA. Needs improving, the mounting inside isnt square not quite a secure as i'd have liked.  The field of view is good though ive compared the CCD against the telrad and its more the good enough, my star alignment rarly appears outside the reticule so i should be ok, just got to go out and try it now.

Cheers

DSC_0077.JPG

SPC900nc 25mm.jpg

Telrad.jpg

Archived