Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Removing dustmotes

A couple nights ago i got some really good lights....

Ufortunately i have missplaced the adapter cable to power my flat panel so i couldn't take flats...there is some dustmotes in the final image that i want to remove, i wonder if someone has tips on how to remove them?

All dustmotes are in areas like in this image.

Dustmote.png

Should be quite easy. Make a copy layer and render the bottom active with the top layer invisible. Take a large brush clone stamp with a soft edge. Make the brush as big as will fit onto the largest piece of background sky you have. To make an even bigger piece of background sky you could clone stamp out a few stars with a small brush first, then copy that large area into the clone stamp. With the clone stamp loaded wth a large piece of background sky set it to Mode Lighten and stamp over the dark part.

In this mode the stars will not be affected because they are lighter than the background carried in the clone stamp.

Make the top layer active and erase just the dark area. Flatten and you're done.

Olly

Thanks for your help Olly :)

I tried a few times and got an ok result, but not perfect. I guess i need to work a lot more before i got it perfected...or just take flats the next time :p

The result has been posted in the DSO section.

Archived