Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

So many adapters!

I was looking around on Flo, when I saw the baader click lock adapter. I thought it would be a useful tool and started looking at them. The problem I came across was that I have a telescope with a 1.25" focuser, so I couldn't get the 2" - 1.25" one. All the others involve threads, which I don't have a clue about. My scopes (sw supatrak 114mm and 8" skyliner dob) seem to have a big variety of different threads, but what are they all called?! Do they both have the 'T-2' thread?

Thanks, Joe

If the top of you focuser draw tube is threaded you can measure across the thread (the width of the draw tube really) to see what size adaptor thread you need. T mount threads are 42mm. The pitch of the thread needs to be correct but is harder to measure, you'd need a thread pitch gauge. T mount thread pitch is 0.75mm I think.  Easiest thing to do is email FLO I reckon! 

The T2 thread is the same thing as  the T mount thread, 42mm X 0.75mm. If you've got a steel rule with half mm increments you should be able to measure the various threads on your scopes accurately enough, the first number is the diameter, the second is the pitch (distance between the 'peaks' of the thread).

Archived