Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Skywatcher skyhawk synscan 1145p

Hello guys hope we're OK I'm new to this so can you all help me out please. I'm kim this is my first telescope and I'm unsure how to use it correctly. I have the 2x barlow lens, super 10mm, and the super 25 wide angle long eye relief.

I've just bought an eye scope pl40mm and I cannot see anything through it.

I can't fit an eye piece on non of the adult ablest fit it either, it can just go right into the telescope but it scratches it. I've tried to put the adustable on top of the silver fitting then the super 10mm on top but still cannot see anything only white. I'm not sure why or if it's just a wrong scope I've bought that doesnt go with the telescope. The listing on ebay dI'd say it went with any telescope. 

And also what are the best eye pieces to see planets such as Jupiter when viSible to see on a clear night I can see it with my eye pieces I have but it's very tiny id like to see if clearer if anyone could recommend any scopes and eyepieces for me to buy. 

I'm unsure how to use the remote too as when I put my location in and then what I want to see if doesn't go near it I have the app on my phone sky view which tells me where things also have a different app that tells me too my status and the objects in the sky.

Thanks for taking time to read and helping me if you can kim .

Hi Kim, welcome to SGL. 

Firstly, are you able to provide a link to what you've bought from ebay so that we can understand what it is? 

As for observing Jupiter, it will never be as big as the images you see on your computer but a bit more magnification will make it bigger. Magnification is the focal length of your scope divided by the focal length of the eyepiece so using your 2x barlow and your 10mm will give you 2x500/10 = 100x. The approximate limit for your telescope and the UK atmosphere is 200x which can be achieved by using your 2x barlow and a 5mm eyepiece. However, I have found that often the atmospheric conditions are not good enough to support 200x so a 6 or 7mm is probably a better choice. 

Unfortunately I can't really help with the synscan issues as I haven't used such a mount but I do know that you have to enter the date in US format, so month/day/year. 

Archived