Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Jumped in a few years bck but now have time to play with what I have purchased

Hi Guys. little intro.

Purchased a a cheap 8" newtonion reflector  from Ebay a fair few years ago wanting to see the many sights it offered on the box.

(after seeing the moon and Jupiter from various light polluted areas), I then did a bit of research, However after realising the mount may as well been made of plastic I decided to get a GOTO mount and decided on the heqpro5 mount, with syscan controller, I also managed to procure a Meade LXD55 8-inch Schmidt-Cassegrain Tube and a host of lenses and filters from a retired collector second hand.

I have been able to view most of the planets but as i am in such a light polluted area I have recently moved the scope to a friends house who is located in a better area for light pollution, My goal has always to photograph the solar system and get shots of some DSO's, I understand this hobby is not something that will happen over night and would like a good starting point.  I have access to a Cannon DSLR 300D with modified firmware and Was looking to purchase a Philips toUcam PRO II webcam for local observable objects.  if anyone has any tips on where to start again and steps from here I would appreciate it greatly. also any standard reading texts that I  may have missed, I would appreciate your time.

Kind regards

John.

Archived