Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Eyepieces and mount for a Omni 150/750 newton

Hello and welcome Paul. I would look at what is available online and go with the mount the tube typically comes with. For that scope, it seems to usually come with the CG4 EQ mount, which I think is about right. If you wanted to put it on an AZ mount, the Skywatcher AZ4 would likely do the trick, but I would recommend the EQ. For visual use it is just as easy to set up once you get used to it, it's much better for planetary observing and opens up (some, limited) possibilities for imaging use later should you want it.

From what I see it comes with a 25mm eyepiece. I would suggest something around 10mm (a plossl will be fine) and a 2x Barlow lens for a total of 4 mangifications (x 30, 60, 75 and 150). That ought to be plenty to get you started.

Best of luck.

Hi,

I used to have one of these scopes and did mount it on an AZ4. You can use it with this mount, however it's not ideal. Lots of vibration when focusing, which can make getting that sharp focus point somewhat tricky. I can't recommend an alternative as I've only used the AZ4, but I'd look for something that carries a more substantial payload.

Tom

Thank you very much for your response.

I think that the AZ4 mount is not ideal for this scope as it haven´t control knobs like the GSO model or the Vixen Porta II, but  I do not yet know any review with this combo

Thanks again

Regards

paul

1 hour ago, pluton said:

Thank you very much for your response.

I think that the AZ4 mount is not ideal for this scope as it haven´t control knobs like the GSO model or the Vixen Porta II, but  I do not yet know any review with this combo

Thanks again

Regards

paul

The Vixen Porta II is inadequate for a 150mm f/5 Newtonian.  Vixen bundles its 130mm f/5 with the Porta II, and as the standard...

http://www.teleskop-express.de/shop/product_info.php/info/p1172_Vixen-Porta-II-Altazimuth-Mount---R130Sf-Optical-Tube---Eyepieces.html

Archived