Any Thoughts on Vixen SSW EPs?

I had been looking at the Meade 5000 Series, with 100 degrees AFOV.  (10 and 5mm versions.)

But the Vixen SSWs are about the same price (the 5mm is tad dearer), and seem to be high quality.  And not as bulky as the Meades.

Also, at 83 degrees, I'm guessing the Vixens might be more comfortable to use.

Further guidance gratefully received!

Doug.

@John:  Excellent stuff, as usual!  I was interested in them because they were down by £50, and because they are relatively light with a compact design/appearance.

The minor distortion issues are I suppose not very good for the price, but as you say - no EP is perfect!  I'll take a good look at the others referred to.  

Pleased to know I was right about eye positioning - must be learning something!  And that is perhaps a good reason to avoid extreme WA like 100 degrees!

Many thanks!

Doug.

If you fancy 80°+ FOV eyepiece with small size, and don't wear glasses, I'd think ES or Nagler T6 would be better alternative than the SSW, from the reviews I've read.

Archived