NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Annals of the Deep Sky

FenlandPaul

Now that volume 3 has been released, covering constellations alphabetically up to "C", I'm interested in getting my hands on these. At about £25 a pop it won't be cheap by the time the whole series is published, but I think this looks like a fascinating complement / update to Burnhams' legendary Celestial Handbooks, which I still love.

Has anyone got any of the first 3, and what are your thoughts? 

Hi Paul,

I bought the first 3 second hand via Amazon and they had to be shipped from the US. Reasonable condition. They are very old school in the print media they use and images. But the information and descriptions they contain are first class.

So I would give them a thumbs up.

1 hour ago, baggywrinkle said:

Hi Paul,

I bought the first 3 second hand via Amazon and they had to be shipped from the US. Reasonable condition. They are very old school in the print media they use and images. But the information and descriptions they contain are first class.

So I would give them a thumbs up.

Thanks Frank.  Interesting that they're so old school with the images - I would have expected a step change from Burnhams, which is the obvious comparator.  Particularly given how much amateur imaging technology has come on since then.  But mostly I'm interested in the words!!

Paul

Archived