Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Dropped Frames with Sharp Cap

I've been doing some video captures of the moon and Jupiter using the latest version of Sharp Cap (2.7.something).

I am really enjoying using this software which I have only had for two days or so.  I was using ZWO cameras - a 174 and a 224.  I found that I was getting inconsistent issues with dropped frames.  Sometimes there were no dropped frames.  At other times It seemed that about half the frames were dropped.  

Any ideas as to what might be going on?

I have an update coming within the next week or so that has a lot of changes designed to improve performance with these very high speed USB3 cameras. Not sure if it will fix your specific issue, but it will be worth a try.

Of course a clear night means not only that no code gets written, but also that I find a handful of little bugs or places that the software could be improved...

Robin

I am looking forward to that Robin.  And congrats on Sharp Cap.  I have been using an alternative but would like to shift to your program.  I tried out the Live Stacking feature earlier tonight and was pleasantly surprised with how well this worked - a nice (very close up) view of the Orion Nebula through my 8" SCT.     

Archived