The Nilserik Chair

The Flinty Fox

As many of you are aware during an observing session the eyepiece can quite often end up in awkward locations, particularly if using an equatorial mount as i do. I have a wooden stool which i take out with me when the eyepiece is at a low position, and when it is at a high position i stand, it is when it is in between that things become difficult i.e. when i can't see into the eyepice from a seated position because it's too high. It's because of this that i have been on the look out for an adjustable stool/chair, and i have now found it. I purchased it from a well known Scandinavian furniture shop, is this the bbc i can't remember,  and it is absolutely brilliant. It's a stool but works like an office chair by pressing a button, which there are three spaced around under the seat, which allows the seat to go up end down. It has a base high of about 55cm and extends up 20cm to about 75cm. I love it. And at only £35 a bargain as well. The seat is padded so one can observe in comfort  and it swivels. Oh the eyepiece is too low let me push this button.... ah that's better... brilliant. I'm easily pleased. 

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/50309723/

Here is the link (there goes the bbc bit). The min/max high appear to be different to mine but thats how it seemed to me.

Thanks paul.

Archived