NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

I Would like to thank all those who posted about building an Obsy and high winds.

Garethr

To those people who have suffered losing their roof or damage through high winds I would just like to say a big  THANK YOU:hello2:

It's not often we get bad weather in the London area but today was 50+mph gusts which is serious weather for this area.

I have read so many posts where people have lost roofs/suffered damage here that I have taken a completely OTT view on securing the RORO roof against high winds that I became a bit obsessed with the potential problem.  Following your threads "Gina" and others I took the precaution of adding extra "tie downs" and boy am I glad I did.

Looking out from the back of the house at midday today the trees were really bending to the wind at an alarming rate (sadly the one in the neighbour's garden did not fall over as I hoped  :evil4:) but when I opened up the Obsy all was well as though it had been a normal calm day apart from a few leaves blown in up through the air gaps around the roof.  

So again thanks for the advice on the forum and I'm sorry you had to suffer but you really helped me build a secure Obsy and to that I am forever grateful

Gareth  

Archived