Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Feet for a Dob

Well, the SW 200p finally arrived - many thanks to Lisa from Flo, no thanks to the truly appalling courier "services" we suffer in this country (the tale  is too long to tell here and you wouldn't believe me anyway!)

I spent an enjoyable day on Saturday unboxing and putting everything together, and then by balancing both myself and the scope on the lounge coffee table and viewing through the open window, I was just able to achieve line of sight to the dish at Jodrell Bank and used it to align the finder. It just seemed like an appropriate "first observation" and I'm sure Sir Bernard would approve!

Anyway, my query is: After fitting the three solid plastic feet supplied, to the Dob mount's baseplate, and thinking that they will not be very forgiving of my less than perfectly laid block paved patio - I wondered what solutions other Dob owners may have come up with to provide a more stable/adjustable platform. For instance, I wondered if the height adjustable feet used on kitchen units might do the job?

Thanks, Peter

Archived