Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Physical size of Skywatcher neq6 mount head

Hi folks,

I have an 10" LX200 classic permanently mounted on a pier in an astrohut. There is limited headroom above the scope when it is set up in equatorial mode on a wedge, the rolloff roof just clearing the scope when it is parked horizontally. (The roof was never planned to be as low as it turned out but I miscalculated!)

Among the upgrades I have been considering was to dismount the OTA and get an NEQ6 to replace the venerable Meade electronics. A basic requirement would be that any new mount head would have to have a vertical dimension equal to, or less than the LX200 mount when it was parked. My question therefore is:

Can anyone tell me how tall the NEQ6 mount head (no tripod) is base to top of the dovetail plate?

I'm presuming the lowest parking configuration would be with the counterweight arm horizontal - would that be correct?

Regards

JB

Here it is for the NEQ6 Pro:

Mount & Tripod Weights and Dimensions
  • Carrying capacity 18kg (40lbs) (not including counterweights)
  • Tripod Weight 7.5kg (16.5lbs)
  • Mount Weight 16kg (35.2lbs)
  • Counterweights 2 x 5.1kg (11lbs) = 10.2kg (22lbs)
  • Total Weight: 33.7kg (74lbs)
  • Mount Height 41cm (16")
  • Tripod Height 85-147cm (33.5-57.8")
  • Tripod Legs Outside Diameter 50mm (2") and 38mm (1.5")

Check out this website for further info: https://focusscientific.com/product_info.php/cPath/49_56/products_id/146?osCsid=gv66g0p5d6jtq5am2f9skuoai4

Archived