NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Position Comet In Dss

Can you explain better the problem ?

DSS doesn't need the exact position of the comet. It creates a circle area where it is. It needs this task to don't be confused with stars.

It is normal that between frames you don't  get center absolutely the comet in this circle area. Try to positon nearest the core of comet.

Can you explain better the problem ?
DSS doesn't need the exact position of the comet. It creates a circle area where it is. It needs this task to don't be confused with stars.
It is normal that between frames you don't  get center absolutely the comet in this circle area. Try to positon nearest the core of comet.

Thanks J. that's what I did in the end and it worked.

If you hold down the shift or ctrl key (can't remember which) while you mouse click, all becomes much easier.  I will say though that using the comet position feature introduces massive amounts of noise when I've used it.  I don't bother with it, but take shorter subs and stack as a normal image.

Archived