NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Is this now a 1 day a month hobby?

PeterCPC

I had two sessions in the observatory in December both beset with technical problems. Went out last night and it poured with rain ten minutes into an imaging run. Out tonight and only managed 30 minutes of imaging before the clouds rolled back in. The winter of 2014/15 was much better.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I'm so fed up with these cloudy skies that I've booked a holiday to Iceland!

The one country in the world with even worse weather than the UK... Plus, when we go, it won't get properly dark, but being a Lahndaner I won't notice the difference.

To be honest I mostly restrict myself to once a week maximum. Lots of other things to do and a full-time job make it hard to be out observing all the time. I usually take a holiday somewhere in Britain and wedge the telescope in with everything else to get some quality observing time in. Last year in Cornwall I racked up about four nights in a row. It was still clear after that but I'd forgotten what my wife looked like so spent some time with her instead. Swings and roundabouts!

Paul

I'm not sure about it being a once a month hobby..... I'm pretty sure that through illness, family duties, and the good old British weather, I've not had my scope out in about five or six months. :crybaby2:

I need to get my astro mojo back.....SOON!

D.C

Archived