Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

T-Ring Adaptors and Lenses

Hey All,

I have a SkyWatcher 130 which came with a 10mm and a 25mm Wide Angle lens.

I also seperately purchased (what I though was a universal) T Ring adapter and T Ring body with a 2x Barlow lens.

Now the T Ring adapter doesn't work with the lens that came with the telescope - they don't seem to be threaded to let me screw the adapter on.  Is this normal?  Do I need to buy separate lenses specifically for the T ring?

Thanks.

If the eyepiece has a T-thread on it (e.g. the Baader eyepieces) then it will screw happily onto that. However you may find it better to just use the camera at the native focal length of the scope. For that you need a T-adaptor like this one:

http://www.365astronomy.com/Celestron-T-Adapter-Universal-1.25-in.html

The T-ring attaches to your camera and threads onto the adapter on the other side - the adaptor then goes into the focuser tube (or barlow if you have one). The scope effectively replaces the lens for your camera. Be careful when buying because you can get them for 2" focuser tubes and also for 1.25".  Hth :)

(Examine your scope focuser  closely - it may have a T-thread already on it in which case you'd only need the T-ring).

Archived