Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Problem with William Binoviewer

Hello all! I hope you all are doing well! I am new to stargazing and hope someone can help me with a problem I am having. I have an Orion 120st eq telescope. I love it but am having a problem using William Binoviewers with it. If I use the binoviewers alone(put the binoviewer straight into the telescope tube), I have no problem. Everything looks just great. But, when I use a 45deg or 90deg elbow with the binoviewer, I can't seem to see anything at all. Without the binoviewer, the elbows work fine. I have no idea what I am doing wrong! Any suggestions? Thank you all!  

Do you use the barlow with the WO binoviewers? You  also need to bear in mind that a diagonal will add some length to the focal range. So you need to take these two into account when calculating where the focus point will be. It may or may not be possible to focus in your scope with the diagonal (elbow) and/or barlow lens. Hth :)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived