ISS track W-N

From couple nights ago, just testing new Vello intervalometer on ISS for coming Geminids.  I like it, easy to set, finally go longer than 30 sec for star lapses.  Below I just took 22 x 5 sec subs, 7 sec interval, Nikon DSLR, 14mm, f2.8, iso 4032. Blended in PS.  Still trying for an ISS closeup, no go but finally figured out how to achieve focus with NexBurst ccd on my ED80TCF which should help.  Bit goofy set up but if I remove 2x barlow lens from its housing, attach it to the short connector to the ccd then place that in the housing for my 3x barlow (with lens removed) and shove the whole deal into my ED80, I can achieve focus exactly at mid point of my focus travel.  Looks like 3x barlow on ccd with ED80 will work as well, but will have to add more extensions.  I saw focus as I hovered it in air behind.

post-46204-0-31223700-1449885957_thumb.j

Archived