NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Play in my Az goto mount

Hi all i recently bought the skywatcher az goto mount with 130p on it. im just wondering if anyone else has experianced excess play in the alt part of the mount. i mean when the scope is on you can move it, as if the bolt through the puck needs tightning,i know you can manually move it up and down but its more sort of side movement, like the puck rocks slightly, not alot but enough to bug me.maybe im being a bit paranoid so thought i would ask on here, let me know if anyone else has or had this as i dont want to go gun ho and tighten bolts i shouldnt be. many thanks.Scott

Cannot comment on the mount as I have Meades and they are dual fork affairs.

Really just want to say do not go mad and tighten overly, that I think has been the cause of many a mount seizure.

Not sure how much play I would expect.

Only say it as years back Meade said to "Tighten the clutches", I think people attached an 8 foot scaffolding pole then swung on the end.

They were tight but the clutch wouldn't budge, the motors drove and the drive gear sheared.

Then people said the gears were poor.

Meade changed the wording to "tighen until just firm". :grin: :grin: :grin:

It almost reads that the bolts are easily accessable (?), if so then attempt to tighten a bit, there is a fair chance that something has simply worked a bit loose.

Basically play and see if anything is loose.

Just don't try a torque wrench set to 80 ft lbs.

Archived