Planning mod of a modded eye-piece

I have decided to mod my modded 25mm 70 deg Antares EP I use in my DIY 14x70 finder. I had used some of the hairs on my head glued to the field stop, which is accessible by unscrewing the 1.25" barrel. One problem with this method is that it is hard to keep the hairs straight. I have been looking for an alternative, i.e. a proper cross-hair reticle engraved or printed on glass. I unscrewed the barrel once more to measure the inside of that screw-thread, and it measured 35.4mm (inner dia). I looked for suitable reticles, and MaxLevy produces one of 35mm which seemed ideal. At $39.95 it doesn't break the bank. Shipping costs would add over $130 :eek: according to their site, so I contacted them asking if they could do anything cheaper. The promptly replied very helpfully, and put me in contact with their European partner in Germany, who gave me a quote of €39.95 + €50 postage :icon_scratch:. A lot better but still more postage costs than item price. I scoured the web again, and found a 34.8mm cross-hair on Surplus Shed. Price just $5 :D, postage $3.36 :headbang:. It has been shipped, so it should be here some time next week, I would hope. It should be simple to arrange for three little .4mm spacers from some scrap Teflon and centre this on the field stop. Will keep you posted

Archived