SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Ek's DSC box with MRE encoders

GigiG

Hi, I've just build my first prototype of an Ek's DSC Bluetooth box that uses two AS5040 Magnetic Rotary Encoders (AMS). These are 10bit incremental encoders (1024 ppr) but I've tested also a couple of AS5045B (12bit, 4096 ppr) and they seems to work fine and they are promising. I don't own a Dobson to test these box on field but I'll try it as soon as possible on my NEQ3 or may be with a pan&tilt head holding a green laser pointer. Comments and questions are welcome. Ciao

Image gallery and some videos: youtube1, youtube2, youtube3

Thanks for info GigiG.

I've just ordered some samples. I already have David Ek's DSC interface that I built some years ago on breadboard, but never got it finished as I couldn't afford the US Digital Encoders at the time. No I've got a Dobsonian telescope again, I'm going to try and finish it off. Need to redo the board I think though as I no longer have a serial port on my laptap so will have to look at the bluetooth option 

Andy

Glad to hear that my litle project can be helpful, Andy. The delivery from Austria to Italy took only a couple of days with WebEx. If you like I can send you the svg files to home etching my boards (main Ek's interface for HC-06 Bluetooth board and the mini MRE support board). Anyway please keep me posted about your implementation,

Gigi

Glad to hear that my litle project can be helpful, Andy. The delivery from Austria to Italy took only a couple of days with WebEx. If you like I can send you the svg files to home etching my boards (main Ek's interface for HC-06 Bluetooth board and the mini MRE support board). Anyway please keep me posted about your implementation,

Gigi

... FedEx ... not WebEx, sorry

Received my samples yesterday. I thought I had requested the wrong parts as I only received the IC and magnet :confused:​ . It wasn't until I looked at the emails you sent me and your photos again, that I realised the rest are parts made or purchased yourself.  :headbang:

Received my samples yesterday. I thought I had requested the wrong parts as I only received the IC and magnet :confused:​ . It wasn't until I looked at the emails you sent me and your photos again, that I realised the rest are parts made or purchased yourself. :headbang:

Yes you need these SSOP16 SMD ICs on a breakout boards. I've got these:

http://m.ebay.com/itm/5-pieces-SSOP-16-SSOP16-to-DIP-16-Pin-Adapter-PCB-SMD-Convert-DIP16-/141638220193?txnId=1190315105004

Archived