Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Astro modified eos 700D

nephilim

I posted a similar topic a couple of weeks ago but only got 1 response so hopefully can get a little more advice this time. Im thinking of buying the above camera from cheapastrophotography.com but i also want to take daytime photos aswell so im thinking of having the Baader astro mod so it'll do both. Does anyone have any experience with a dual modified camera. Thanks. Steve

From what I am told it will be fine for daytime photography the only issue being the white balance which you can sort out before or post production.

I have a 60D which I have sent away for modding. Prior to modding I was using it and found it to be a fantastic camera, the auto focus was always spot on and it was as simple or as complicated to use as you wanted it. TBH I think most high end Canon DSLR's are pretty much similar and the 700D gets some real rave reviews so I expect it to perform well.

If you are concerned re the mod, from what I've read that as long as the filter is replaced then the auto focus will be just as good.

I'm awaiting the return of my camera from Astronomiser so  I can't give you a comparison before and after.

I'm sure you.ve researched everything before but here is a bit of bumf from Astronomisers website.

Linky

Sorry I can't be of any further help

Regards

Thanks for the advice mate, apparently with the Baader replacement filter the white balance doesnt need adjusting for daylight photos as the mod somehow lets you take both without any faffing, im just trying to find out if the mid really is as goid as adveryiser, i think i'll email the guy & ask for a bit more info. Thanks. Steve

Thanks for the advice mate, apparently with the Baader replacement filter the white balance doesnt need adjusting for daylight photos as the mod somehow lets you take both without any faffing, im just trying to find out if the mid really is as goid as adveryiser, i think i'll email the guy & ask for a bit more info. Thanks. Steve

Archived