NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Skywatcher Right Angled Magnified Finderscope

I bought one of these ages ago and still haven't used it in anger yet. I vaguely remember that it should be adjusted before use. It has a large adjustment ring which I assume has to be adjusted for focus. I cannot find any info on what to do so will ask the experts. I have a feeling that I have asked this question before but if so, cannot find the post. My memory isn't what it was  :smiley:.

Sorry, I have just found my original post, I now know what to do. 

Thanks

Brian

The objective lens / dew shield assembly on these screws in and out and the ring just behind it is a locking ring for when you have found the right focus, on some test stars, for example.

Hi Brian,

I have one of these. Two adjustments - one is focus, the other one is to adjust the position of the scope in the mounting bracket, to line up the image with the one you get in the scope eyepiece.

Do this during daylight:

Look through the scope at a distant object such as a tv aerial and center it in the eyepiece, then adjust the screws on the finder scope holder until the same object lies in the crosshairs. Go through this a couple of times until you are satisfied they both line up.

HTH,

Neil. (Also South Wales!)

Archived