NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

How do I change this damn battery??

My Megrez 72 has one of these multi-reticule finders with it:

finderRDF_01.jpg

I am totally at home with attaching and aligning, but the battery has died and I can't for the life of me work out how to change it! I don't want to go dismantling random screws as it is actually quite a nice all-metal finder and I don't wish to break it. None of the instruction manuals I can find actually tell you how to change the CR2032 battery.

Anyone got one of these who actually knows how to do it?  :embarrassed:

With mine, the top section of the large wheel that controls the brightness unscrews and the battery goes in there. It's a bit fiddly but something like a coin edge in the slot on top seems to work better than a screwdriver. You need to hold the knurled edge still while you unscrew the top section.

Hope that makes some sense !

*jaw drops*

Way to think it through fellas... make something unscrew on top of (and mechanically flush with) another thing that blumming rotates....  :mad:

Seriously though, thank you guys, would never have figured that out... I was on the verge of unscrewing the rear optic and no doubt snapping some tiny, vital cable.  :embarrassed:

The most 'fun' I've had trying to change one of those button-batteries was in my original Orion-USA LaserMate collimator (since then the design has been vasty improved). Some genius put a powerful spring under it. You'd open the top with a screwdriver/coin, and the battery flew out at a considerable velocity!

Trying to install the new battery was worse than a Rubik's Cube.

Dave

post-38438-0-05727100-1445735000.jpg

Having lived in Japan for four years, I can confirm that they are among the worst in the world at English translating.

For some reason they refuse to use Western-sourced translation tools like Google et al, they insist on these horrible Casio electronic phrasebooks that must have been programmed in the 70s (perhaps the 1870s...) before the two languages had really bridged the gap. The issue is that Japanese kanji can mean several things; add a few words together and it is virtually certain that someone will pick at least one incorrectly and render the sentence meaningless.

The worst is menus; "Salmon Male Sperm Entrails" indeed....  :Envy:

Archived