SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Daystar Filters

rcwinter

Back in June, i sent two Daystar filter back to have there blocking filters changed, one was warranty and the other was to be paid for as it was circa 1994, this filter was part of the original Solaris series of halpha scopes supplied in league with Televue, an excellent piece of kit.

Daystar contacted me at the end of June with a costing for the repair, i phoned them and gave them the bank details and asked them to expediate the repair so i could take the filter to Kelling Heath, this left ample time for the repair, the phone conversation for the payment was long and painful for some reason they had trouble getting the number right, i advised if there was a problem to let me know,

At the end of August when i expected the filter to be delivered i had an email advising that i needed to pay for the repair and nothing had been done to the filter, i was livid and and unsure what to do at that point.

The only reponce from Daystr was we gave them no details, although they did have record of a phone call.

My other half then made the payment attempt again, for the pair to begin? I expected a couple of weeks, by the end of the week it was in shipment, strange as they advise the repiar period is four weeks plus.

Two weeks later a package arrived , which turned out to be the pelicase in which the kit was sent over in, so far this excersise has cost me close to 1000 $, we called Daystar in a panic wandering what had happened, they sdvised that the was missed in the lab and the filters were in a second shipment, the package arrived with customs and another £175 later the filters were released by customs

I was devastated when the package arrived, still sealed and unopened by customs, the fee based on declared repair value, when i opened the box i found the pair of filters in a single plastic zip lock bag with no protection at all, not even with bubble wrap, as you can imagine the two filters had rubbed and bounced there way through the postal service and are badly damaged with scratching and it wiped out the serial plate information to make it look like it was vandalised, the kit value is now reduced.

I wrote to Daystar about it and so far not even recieved a responce, this is the worst customer service i have ever received, Daystar customer service is the pitts, the attitude of the staff is awful, Jen Winter the owner just assed the problem to others during the repair, in my expetiance i would not recommend them

Come on Daystar step upto the plate and take responibiliy for this gross errors and neglect of which to me are prized pieces of kit, as yet i am unable to test them as the weather is poor, i hope they work

Archived