NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

filters on EdgeHD

Hi, 

does anyone use LP filters on their Celestron EdgeHD? I can't quite work out what size it takes. I have a 2" Idas LPS-D1 filter that doesn't fit either on the back of the tube or the back of the edgehd reducer. Are there adapters?

Celestron site doesn't seem to specify size of threads. Perhaps someone knows where to find this info?

Thanks! gfa

I presumed the filter would go on the back of the EdgeHD reducer, or perhaps the T adapter, since it doesn't fit on the T ring or the reducer.

I haven't got the t adapter yet so perhaps it will fit there.

Doesn't it mess up the focus distance if you add on a filter onto the camera?

A Canon DSLR can take a CLS clip filter which you fit into the camera itself and has no affect on focus. T adapters usually allow the addition of a filter as well which does not affect the focus.

You focus your camera using the telescope focuser just the same as using an eyepiece.

Peter

"I have one of the Celestron Barlow T adapters and that has threads for 1.25" filters. This takes 2" filters http://www.firstligh...ra-adapter.htmlbut you will also need http://www.firstligh...-meade-sct.html"

Many thanks! Presumably in order to be able to use a 1.25" eyepiece (my eyepieces are unfortunately all 1.25) with a 2" filter and the 2" Baader click-lock, there are some sort of 2" to 1.25" converters?

"I use a CCD for planetary imaging without any issues - I don't use my SCT for DSOs and don't use a filter wheel so I'll leave that for somebody else to answer."

Interesting. May I ask what is your train in this set up? CCD attaches to what?

Thank you! gfa

When I use the CCD I use a Revelation Astro 2"-1.25" self centering eyepiece adapter  which goes into the click lock. The adapter accepts 2" filters if you so desire. That is the main image train for planetary work but it also includes a flip mirror. CCD-flip mirror-adapter-clicklock.

I use my refractors for DSOs as the guiding is so much easier.

Peter

Archived