NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Advice from QHY5L-llc owners

yelsac

Hi just a quick question

I have just bought the QHY5L-llc for guiding. It comes with an IR filter for planetary use, do I need to unscrew it for Guiding purposes or just leave it on?

Also It came with 2 washer type things in the package any ideas where these are supposed to go????

Sorry if the questions are a little silly but I'm not to sure.

thanks

Yelsac

I don't own the QHY5L-llc but I own and using the QHY5L-ll (mono version). IMHO if you bought this camera only for guiding it would be better to choose the mono version. When using this camera as a guider any special filter in front of the sensor has to be removed otherwise it will reduce the quantity of photons "hitting" the sensor causing you problems in the sensitivity of the guider.

I don't know about the washers.

Hope I was of help.

Clear skies.

qhy5liic works fine for guiding as-is.  I don't remove any filters for mine (wasn't actually aware you can remove its filters).

I didn't know what those thin black washers were either.  The chunky grey one is your parfocal ring of course

Thanks Just wanted to get someone else's view who owns one. really frustrating that nobody seems to know what the the two washers are for?

Archived