Cant get on with CDC at all

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is so frustrating, looked forward to a session tonight rigged everything up and for some reason even though I connect EQMOD after a couple of minutes it says "TIME OUT ERROR" and freezes. I havnt changed anything only saved the plotting in CDC so no idea whats going on with it.

How are you connecting the PC to the mount ?

Time out errors are caused when EQMOD cannot communicate with the mount.  Possible causes are:

• Using a passive USB cable of 5m or more between mount and PC
  • Driver issues with the USB to serial convertor (often related to Prolific chipset rather then FTDI)
  • Com port selected is the wrong com port for the mount - Check device manager for available com ports
  • Faulty connections - has the EQdirect cable been damaged
  • Correct port selected, but port setings for baud rate etc are wrong
  • Connecting the EQdirect cable into a different USB port can result in a new installation of a Com port - see 3rd item on list
  • Com services on the PC have failed to load (rare but does happen) - check device manager for listed ports - if not showing then reboot PC

Hope that helps

I found an old post on here with a very similar problem and it was the COM port. Because I have been adding more usb leads I had put the one for EQMOD in a different USB socket ( I had no idea they had to go in the same one everytime ). I will mark the leads so I know next time. Once again major major major problem sorted by these forums, really is a great site and a wealth of knowledge.

Thx

Paul

Archived