Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Case for AZ-EQ6?

Has anybody used a Geoptik EQ6 padded case for a Skywatcher AZ-EQ6 mount?

http://www.rothervalleyoptics.co.uk/geoptik-padded-case-for-eq6-mount.html

http://www.teleskop-express.de/shop/product_info.php/language/en/info/p174_Geoptik-Quilt-Bag-for-larger-Mounts-like-EQ6--CGEM-or-G-11.html

I know there's a specific "Pack in bag" for the AZEQ6, that takes the foam from the original mount packaging. However, I'd prefer the size and construction of a padded case.

I've had conflicting advice from the manufacturer and a vendor as to whether the case would be suitable for the AZ-EQ6, so I'm hoping somebody has tried it.

Thanks.

I use luggage cases on wheels for my 6se mount and scope (fits the case exceptionally well in its original packaging) and another one for my NEQ6 mount. They have the advantage of wheels and carting them around isn't too much of a chore.

I use luggage cases on wheels for my 6se mount and scope (fits the case exceptionally well in its original packaging) and another one for my NEQ6 mount. They have the advantage of wheels and carting them around isn't too much of a chore.

Thanks, that's another option. A good strong piece of luggage is quite pricy though; the ones I looked at didn't cost much less than a Geoptik case, but looked bulkier.

I might just play it safe and order the "pack in case", but there's tha nagging feeling that the padded Geoptik cases might be neater, and easier to manage since they don't need the big foam block.

Archived