Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Saturn in despiration

brendant

Looked nice and clear earlier, as soon as the scope came out, clouds rolled in. I sure there is a cloud magnet attached to it somewhere, fifth time out since Christmas (two of them were in Ireland), what's the point :headbang: .

Saturn with the ED80, Eyepiece projection through 13mm Hyperion + 4x & 2x Barlows, 10 sec exposure @ ISO400, Canon 400D, surprised it came out as well considering the long exposure.

Not really suited to imaging with a DSLR, but I think I would be happy shooting street lights at the moment, short nights, :p:angry::):(:headbang: .....................

Brendan

Hey, it's a shot, and that's all that matters! That's something at least, especially with the ring system relatively open. Get as many shots in as you can, if you ask me. It's hard to get anything reasonable with all the clouds around, and this is much better than anything I can come up with.

This weather must get better sometime :x but with the shorter nights there is so little time to image at a normal hour. We seem to be getting really nice evenings at the moment but as soon as it gets dark the clouds roll in.

Don't worry, winter will be here soon enough ! :angry: Remember last "summer" ? You could always grab lots on the go with the DSLR and stack those. There's freeware out there if need lappy control. Good effort by the way. :(

Karlo

Archived