Handy Dandy red dot finder bracket

Special K

Having made do for much too long I have now firmly secured my RDF to the posts of my tube rings! Two L-brackets hammered flat from some cabinet kit and a few nuts and bolts required. All from the bits and bobs a'la garage :)

This is nice and sturdy and easily removed by the two nuts at the top. Should stay relatively aligned when reassembled too. The L-brackets have slots for the bolts allowing some flexibility with a change to the width of the tube rings and the whole thing can be lengthened by expanding the brackets under the RDF.

I like to find things easily but too cheap to buy a telrad ;)

post-26205-0-00948200-1440521539_thumb.j

post-26205-0-70460500-1440521772_thumb.j

Looks like a great way to mount a RDF.  I avoided them after trying a couple out and decided that the brackets that came with them were flimsy.   That looks very secure to me, and as you said should allow for repeatable alignment when putting the scope together.

Archived