NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

127 MAK eyepieces

Hi all I have the 127 Mak and have been using my hyperions on it. To be honest I feel they are rather too big and bulky for it so use them with my 200mm newt. I have been using the Baader Planetarium Genuine Ortho GO 7mm Eyepiece and like the size of these eyepieces. Can anyone suggest any others with wide eye relief with this scope. Thanks. ken

Really? I use my Hyperions on my 6" Mak without any problems :angry:. If you're worried about the diagonal not holding the weight too well, then perhaps a more substancial one may help.

Tony..

I'm a great fan of the Vixen Lanthanums with 20mm eye relief on even the short focal ones (6mm or less) they are very easy on the eye.

The high cost new is a big minus, but they can go for <£50 s/h, the FOV at 45 to 50 deg is narrow (not very fashionable these days), but probably similar to an ortho. I think the view is nice contrasty.

I bought them for use on a 16 inch newt, but also happy with them on the Mak127.

Scotastro

I have a couple of the TS Planetary HR eyepieces (4mm and 5mm but the range is wider than that) and they are very nice. Their field of view is 60 degrees and their eye relief 16mm. They are lighter and more compact than the Hyperions.

I had a 3.5mm Hyperion for a while and, while it provided very nice views, I also found it's bulk a bit daunting. The TS Planetaries are as good IMHO. They work well in my 8 inch F/6 dob as well :angry:

John

I'm a wide view type really but use the WO SPL 12.5 mm on the Mak (120 magnification) quite often and find it a good combination. For Luna views I like to use an 8-24 or 7-21 zoom eyepiece........ Zoom in and it looks like your falling towards the surface. :angry:

Cheers

CW

Archived