Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Astrophotography Lab v0.2.0 released!

Altais

Hello everyone.  :grin:

A few weeks ago I released a piece of software called Astrophotography Lab. I'm now happy to present the first major update to the program.

The updated home page with detailed information and a download link can be found here.

There are a lot of changes, fixes and new features, including automatic detection of ISO and exposure time, an option to resize the displayed images and a tool for viewing the histogram and customizing the screen stretch. But the most significant change is the implementation of optics. This makes it possible to calculate a lot of additional information, like the field of view and image scale.

The full list of changes can be found in the readme, and some of the new features are listed on the home page as well.

Please feel free to ask questions or come with suggestions, and any feedback you have is of course appreciated.

Hope you enjoy!

Hi Altais will you be adding the QHY8L camera in the future?

Hey redfox.

You can easily add it yourself:

- Select "Add new camera" in the "Choose camera" window that pops up on startup.

- Choose "CCD" from the optionmenu and input the name and pixel size (which I believe is 7.8 um). Click "Ok".

- Select the newly added camera from the list and click "Ok".

- Select a telescope, and click "Ok".

- Go to the "Settings" dropdown menu and select "Camera" -> "Modify camera parameters".

- Choose QE in the optionmenu, input 0.6 (since the peak QE of the QHY8L for green light is 60%) and click "Set value".

- Go to http://oaltais.github.io/aplab/, where you will find instructions for capturing the required test images and calculating sensor data with the Image Analyser tool.

- All the necessary information about the QHY8L will now be stored in the program.

Archived