Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

AT12RC issues

Hi everybody.

So I have a few issues with my AT12RC.. of course.. as usual.. collimation is in the mix but before we even get there I have questions. First let me describe the current setups I can use :
AT12RC + FT 3" focuser
AT12RC + tilt-tip ring adapter  + FT 3" focuser.
So we all know that the focuser attaches to the mirror which is the source of most of the problems with these telescope. So I bough the "Focuser collimating ring" from Astronomics to try to help in that matter. BUT .. yes there is a but..
I've read descriptions of the ring on different forum and though it was going to lock flat against the rear cell to prevent any slopping of the focuser. Unfortunately when I screw mine on the M117x1 thread.. all the way in... it's still a few mm away from the rear cell .. so it can't provide the function its meant for. Any clue as to why ?
I've remove it for now as it doesn't help and make collimating the whole thing even harder (so the opposite of what it should do :) ).
You can see the current imaging train without the ring here : http://www.rti-zone....aging_Train.png
2nd (not as bad) issue : I bought the Kendrick's GSO RC Secondary Mirror Heater .. except on mine there is not enough space between the vane and the back of the secondary holder to slip the hear in there. Am I the only one with this problem ? Should I try to move the secondary holder further inside the tube (which would change the distance between the primary and secondary and may be cause more issues) ?
Thanks
Rodolphe

Archived