Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

New planetary capture software for linux (QHY cameras)

GuLinux

Hello!

I've been recently in contact with QHY's main linux developer, testing his new driver version.

I wrote a new application around them, still very alpha stage but quite promising.

The only tested device is my QHY5L-IIm, 8bit mode. It might work on other devices too (mostly bw).

I'll probably support also v4l2 devices too, and a few other drivers.

The best feature so far is that the FPS rate is quite hight, exactly as with EZPlanetary on windows: i can get up to 30fps on display and save (SER format) on a ssd netbook, at maximum resolution.

I also tried to design a nice user interface, using docking moveable widgets, useful for small display.

You can check it out compiling it from source code: https://github.com/GuLinux/PlanetaryImager/ (qt5.5 required)

or downloading the binary package from here, which should be working on all major modern distributions: 

https://github.com/GuLinux/PlanetaryImager/releases/tag/v0.1-alpha

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I've been trying to make a package for Arch Linux and I have an issue. It compiles fine, but the installation does not take the correct prefix. I'm not familiar with cmake, so I'll need your help. With autotools programs, configuring with --prefix=/usr and running the Arch package build passes DESTDIR to the build directory + /usr. With your program, it tries to actually install files in /usr, or even /lib/udev. Do you have any idea how to fix this?

Cheers

Archived