NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

NB Elephant's Trunk

physicus

This ticks the box for my first tri-colour narrowband, taken through my slightly unwieldy, but so far performing, DIY Taylor Hobson aerial lens rig.  Apart from some flex in the system between guider and camera (I've been 100% OAG up to recently, so am learning the probs of bendy metal, and possibly mirror shift in the guiding SCT), my main issue with this pic is it revealed how all over the place I am with processing.  This is Hubble palette, but I could make it turn out pretty much as I wanted/  Of course the original effort was dominated by Ha bright green.  Feeling the need to sort my software and establish a repeatable workflow.  Still loving NBing under a full moon!    The Baader OIII is also halo-prone, although I've somehow managed to suppress that a  bit here.post-41768-0-85574700-1438446751_thumb.j

Image details:

Telescope: Taylor Hobson 12" f4 aerial lens

Camera: Atik 460

Guiding: C9.25, ZWOASI100-S, PHD2

Mount: AZEQ6

Processing: Nebulosity 4 + GIMP.

Lights: 3 hours of Ha + 1 hour each OIII and SII. Baader filters.

Darks but no flats.

Archived