NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

2" Star Diagonal Thread Size?

Is the thread on the diagonal nosepiece a standard size or do they vary? I'm talking about the end that screws into the diagonal housing, not the end you screw a filter into.

I recently purchased an iStar Optical 2" BK7 dielectric diagonal for a bargain price. Bit of an obscure brand but it seems to have received some favourable reviews & I'm pretty impressed with it so far. However, I was hoping to replace the nosepiece with an SCT adapter so I can screw it directly to the back of my Mak, but can't find any info on the thread size.

Anybody got any ideas?

I have an Istar diagonal just the same as yours but Istar are a refractor producer so if you can get an SCT nose piece to fit in place of the chrome push fit barrel it would be a happy co-incidence rather than by design.

You could ask on the Istar owners forum, which is free to join. The owner of the company posts there regularly:

http://istarscopeclub.proboards.com/

Alternatively you could use an SCT - 2" push fit adapter which might work.

Archived