NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

ccdsharp problems opening image files.

Hello all,

I goty back yesterday from a days imaging seminar with Ian King and Nik Szymanec. Nik gave a demo of CCDSharp and it was given to us on a disc....just what I want I thought and rushed home to give it a try.

Unfortunately....I can only get ot to open image files that haven't been stacked. I remember that Envisage also has this problem.

It doesn't make any difference what the image format is...fits, jpeg, tiff, bmp, 8 or 16 bit....none of them will open if they are stacked images.

I've tried 2 different machines, a vista machine (I installed using xpsp2 compatability mode) and a native XP machine.

Both will open single fits frames direct from the camera but not stacked images.

Can anyone help....I'd love to get this program to work ;)

Cheers

Rob

OK, sussed it.

When saving a FITS file, rather than saving as a floating point file, you need to save in 16 bit integer format.

Hope this helps anyone else.....the SBIG website was no help at all!!

Cheers

Rob

Aha, thanks Rob. I've had the same problem and got round it by saving as an SBIG fit. They obviously use integer rather than floating decimal point.

A bit of a pain to loose data at this stage. Better to convert to integer after stretching but the deconvolution is supposed to be done 1st

Hello chaps,

Martin2....maybe we did meet? I was looking at the Atik filter wheel in the first break and chatted to a few people there, and asked the question at the end regarding RGB batch conversion in Maxim.

A day well spent, very informative.

Martin, yes, it is a pain losing the floating point so early.

Do you have any tips re. settings in CCDSharp?

Cheers

Rob

Archived